Announcement of the Made in Buffalo Cheryl Stern Performing Artist Fund – Buffalo Rising
Creation of Made in Buffalo – Cheryl Stern Performing Artist Fund in response to generous support for Cheryl Stern’s lead role in “From Buffalo to Broadway: Waiting in the Wings,” supported by the Buffalo Jewish Federation.
A native of Buffalo, Cheryl Stern, who is now a Broadway, TV and movie star, returned home to host and star in this show she created and directed, which included Broadway performers and performers. local. The incredible shortage of local talent in this show inspired a desire to raise funds to continue to develop and promote local performing artists.
ASI is proud to support this funding opportunity and to facilitate the application process. Funding of up to $ 600 is available for performing artists residing in Erie County, including solos, duets or groups.
If you are interested in applying, please read the information below.
Registration deadline: July 28, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
Advertisement: August 2021
The Made in Buffalo – Cheryl Stern Performing Artist Fund supports:
- Independent performing artists* in Erie County
- works or projects created by independent artists
- Artists / performers whose work or project is not currently funded or contracted by an organization
* Eligible applicants can include any performing artist, including solos, duets or groups. Performing artists can include music, dance, theater, musical theater or other disciplines of the performing arts and performing artists.
The selection committee will review proposals that support:
- The planning or production of new works,
- The new production of an existing work,
- Experimental and multimedia productions / projects, or
- The completion of a work in progress.
The selection will be based on the information provided in the proposal. Preference will be given to projects that demonstrate a workable completion plan. * If selected, you will be invited to participate in a celebration of your work the following year (August 2022).
Applications must be submitted no later than Wednesday July 28 at 11:59 p.m. Contact Holly Grant at [email protected] for questions or more information.